Kari Merkl, interior design faculty, exhibits two pieces from her Merkled furniture collection at the Museum of Contemporary Craft through January 2015.
Director of Facilities and Lead Housekeeper
Tuesday – Saturday
(Rotation schedule includes working every third Sunday)
Part Time: 20-25 hours/week
FTE .50 - .63
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for thorough cleaning of all designated building spaces, while meeting quality standards within budgeted time.
- Follow established schedule and written procedures for assigned route.
- Clean restrooms using disinfectant solutions/chemicals: mop floors, spot mop, disinfect sinks, dispensers, faucets, and other fixtures. Replenish all supplies. Clean mirrors.
- Clean offices and classrooms: file cabinets, tables, bookcases, chairs, and other furniture and appliances. Empty wastebaskets, vacuum, disinfect telephones, and wipe sills.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas according to established schedule.
- Attend in-service programs as required.
- Perform other housekeeping duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Previous housekeeping or janitorial experience preferred, but not required.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and management.
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, twist, squat or crouch, bend, kneel, stoop, climb stairs, communicate, reach and manipulate objects.
- This position requires mobility, including the ability to push, pull, and/or lift up items weighing up to 20 pounds on a regular basis, such as vacuums, trash cans, furniture, office equipment, etc.
- Must be able to pass physical capacities test.
Vacuum cleaner and golf cart.
Two weeks paid vacation; paid sick leave and holidays; tuition waiver program, life and disability insurance; and retirement plan. Benefits prorated based on FTE. This position does not include medical benefits.
Submit résumé and/or completed Marylhurst University Application for Employment to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Type HOUSEKEEPER in the subject line. Job open until filled. Application forms are available at www.marylhurst.edu, from Human Resources, or the main reception desk.