Magdalena Pauna, interior design alum, was selected to exhibit an image in The Interiors Collection, part the annual Exposure Award hosted by SeeMe, at the Louvre in Paris in July 2015.
Chamber music is another vital part of the Marylhurst ensemble scene. Ensembles are organized according to student interest, experience and instruments available, allowing flexibility in instrumental combinations and choice of repertoire.
Students are encouraged to play a major role in organizing and conducting rehearsals, researching repertoire, designing concert programs and performing in public.
Each ensemble prepares and presents a public performance each term. See events calendar for coming performances.
- Rehearsals: TBA, depending on students' schedules
- Course numbers: ENS 232, ENS 432
- Large ensemble credit for music majors
- Meets Marylhurst Core outcome: CA (Creating the Arts)
- Meets LAC outcome: AIB2 (2012-2013 catalog or earlier)
- Auditions held by appointment; contact John Haek, coordinator, Instrumental Ensembles