Art alum Dawn Roe is using photography and video to chronicle the expansion at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Marylhurst's BFA in Interior Design was the first program in the Portland metro area accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation.
Our comprehensive four-year degree offers an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to interior design education that will give you a solid foundation in design, graphic communication, art, architecture and the liberal arts.
Our curriculum and approach focus on:
- Practice, supported by research and strong skill development
- Creative explorations and solutions, tested by critical thinking
- Collaborative learning and design process
- Spaces that function, as well as provide meaningful experiences for users
- Cross-disciplinary learning in psychology, history, ethics, sciences, philosophy and varied design arts
- Global understanding and local application
- Environmental, social and aesthetic responsibility