Will Hornyak, communication studies faculty, will give several storytelling performances on Irish Myth, Legend and Lore in March and April 2014.
As a communication studies major, you may apply for an individualized major when your educational goals include professional applications or related areas of study outside of designed concentrations.
Created in consultation with your academic adviser, an individualized major is custom-designed to fulfill all communication program outcomes through a unique combination of required coursework and alternative projects.
The individualized major is recorded on your transcript and diploma as a Bachelor of Arts with a major in communication. No concentration is specified. You will write a mission statement/proposal which includes the following:
- Specific learning goals for communication major
- Feasible plan for meeting both required communication studies program outcomes and individual objectives
- Projected senior project demonstrating overall achievement of outcomes identified in plan
Requirements for Individualized Major
Minimum of 180 total quarter credits
Minimum of 60 upper-division credits
Minimum of 45 credits from Marylhurst University
63 credits required for major
Course requirements in the individualized major in communication will be specified in the proposal submitted to and approved by the Department of Communication Studies academic adviser.
Choose from the following:
Patterns & Principles in Communication
Truth & Consequences: The Ethics of Human Communication
Communication Inquiry & Research
Senior Field Experience. Choose or combine any of the following:
- Compassion in Action: Service Learning Seminar
- Projects in Communication
- Internship in Communication
- Upper-division credit earned through prior learning assessment with adviser approval
Approved Communication and Related Coursework - 48 credits