Earn your bachelor's in public relations form Marylhurst
Now accepting students for spring 2015. Classes start March 30.
Marylhurst University offers a comprehensive Bachelor of Art (B.A.) in Public Relations degree program. As part of the program, you will:
- Design and present oral and written communications
- Develop an integrated communications plan across media: digital, print, broadcast, outdoor
- Engage in effective communication processes: interpersonal, intercultural, small group, organizational
- Recognize trends in organizational communications
- Find ethical solutions to specific communication problems
- Relate communication concepts to leadership and management principles
Public relations career field
As a public relations professional, you are responsible for building mutually beneficial relationships for your organization. You are the storyteller and the connector — you work to connect other individuals and organizations with the people and organizations you represent. From conducting research to developing and implementing strategic communications plans, you work with an ever-changing human dynamic. Communication? Absolutely necessary for any organization. Your role in it? Valuable and always interesting.
To graduate with a bachelor's degree, you must complete a total of 180 credits:
|Marylhurst Core requirements||48|
Marylhurst accepts transfer credits
More than 90 percent of Marylhurst students transfer in credits to help complete the
180-credit requirement for earning a degree.
Learn if you have prior college credit that can transfer into the B.A. in Public Relations program with a free transfer evaluation.
We also offer a 9-month Certificate in Public Relations.
Classes start fall term.