Drs. John Urang and Chuck Caruso are teaching in the 2014-15 Humanity in Perspective program, a free six-month college course offered through Oregon Humanities.
Accepting submissions February 1 through April 20, 2014.
The Department of Culture & Media at Marylhurst Universiy is sponsoring the second annual Student Digital Video and Animation Festival.
Open to active students at:
- Mt. Hood Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Portland Community College
- Northwest Film Center
- Marylhurst University
Friday, May 30, 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Wiegand Teaching and Learning Center (Admin 331)
BP John Admin. Bldg., Marylhurst University (directions)
Free and open to the public.
Festival screening will include videos by 20 finalists.
Submit digital video of any genre
Submissions no longer than 5 minutes. Include student's name,
title of work and total running time.
Submissions should include credits for all participating crew and cast
Grand Prize: $500
Second Prizes (3): $250
Third Prizes (5): $100
How to Submit
1. Format your short film (5 minutes max, please!) as a .mov file, titled with your last name.
2. Copy the [name].mov file to a DVD or USB drive, and write your last name and the name of the film on the DVD or drive. DVDs and USB drives may not be returned.
3. Fill out the submission form.
4. If you want your video included in the online festival, fill out the intellectual property release form [link to release form PDF] , which gives us permission to post the video on the festival website. If you don't want your video online, check the "opt out" box on the submission form.
5. Mail your DVD or USB drive, along with the submission form and release form, to:
Culture and Media Short Film Festival
attn. Rebecca Lockwood
Flavia Hall Room 202
17600 Pacific Highway
Marylhurst OR 97036-0261
We will send confirmation of receipt of your entry. Thanks for being part of the festival!
Please contact Rebecca Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.699.6313.