Dr. Jim Davis, human sciences faculty, has been appointed to a statewide steering committee to develop a plan to improve and strengthen Oregon's system of long term care.
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology program expands your knowledge and understanding of life's most fascinating subject — the human psyche.
Psychology provides you with insight into human development, personality, behavior and attitude. These insights lead to advantageous wisdom you'll use throughout your life, in personal relationships and in the workplace.
In this program, you'll have the opportunity to explore a range of topics from neutotransmitters to nurturance, from prenatal brain development to cutting-edge research on Alzheimer's disease.
- Explore how people learn and develop
- Learn what drives personalities, intellects and emotions from infancy to maturity
- Analyze the internal and external influences on thought, behavior, learning and development
- Learn how to conduct and interpret research
- Gain the skills needed to help others grow, evolve and heal
We also offer a special track within the psychology bachelor's degree program that prepares students who want to pursue a graduate degree in art therapy counseling. You can also earn a minor in psychology.