Marylhurst student Mario Martinez talked with The Oregonian about the recent tragic events in the country of his youth.
Step onto an integrated path towards becoming an art therapist.
The preparatory art therapy concentration combines foundational coursework in psychology, art and art therapy with core interdisciplinary studies research courses and an internship. The concentration is a structured program to prepare you for candidacy to a clinical graduate program in art therapy.
In this program, you will:
- Utilize fundamental skills and concepts of contemporary art
- Participate in critical discussion of your artwork and the art of others
- Trace the history and progression of core knowledge in psychological theory and practice
- Articulate an introductory understanding of the nature of the field of art therapy
- Integrate additional individually designed degree goals in a capstone project
Minimum of 180 total quarter credits
Minimum of 60 upper-division credits
Minimum of 45 credits from Marylhurst
62 credits required for major
Core Courses - 6 credits
Concentrated Study - 50 credits
Art Courses (27 crs.)
- Drawing, 9 crs.
- Painting, 9 crs.
- Sculpture, 9 crs.
Senior Project - 6 credits
Please see current Marylhurst University catalog for complete information.