Thara Memory, music alum, led his American Music Program to win the Essentially Ellington competition at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City in May 2015.
The Marylhurst Guitar Ensemble is the university's auditioned guitar ensemble. Intended primarily for music majors and experienced guitarists from the university community, the group provides in-depth training for guitarists, working to develop the technical, musical and collaborative skills demanded by the teaching and performing professions.
Duke Ellington's Satin Doll. Marylhurst University Guitar Ensemble in Wiegand Hall on March 17, 2014.
The ensemble focuses on the public performance of a varied repertoire and regularly performs at Marylhurst and in the community. See events calendar for coming performances.
- Rehearsals: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:30 am-12:45 pm.
Room 107, St. Catherine Hall
- Course numbers: ENS 006, ENS 246, ENS 446
- Large ensemble credit for music majors
- Meets Marylhurst Core outcome: CA (Creating the Arts)
- Meets LAC outcome: AIB2 (2012-2013 catalog or earlier)
- Auditions held by appointment; contact Dan Cosley, director, Marylhurst Guitar Ensemble