Dr. Laura Beer, director of the music therapy program, gave a talk titled Music Therapy: A Healing Art and Clinical Modality at the National Federation of Music Clubs' conference in June 2014.
The Music Therapy Ensemble is a coaching and performance ensemble for the music therapy student designed to develop and enhance functional music skills such as conducting, arranging and original composition, essential to their clinical work as a music therapist.
- Rehearsals held spring term: TBA
- Meets three hours per week culminating in end-of-term performance
- Course number: MT 320
- Prerequisites: Completion of 200-level ensembles, MU 299 and MU 341
- Fulfills Music Therapy ensemble requirement for music therapy majors
- Meets LAC outcomes: AIB2 and AIB7 (2012-2013 catalog or earlier)
- Open to music therapy majors only