Elsie and Oriana, M.A. in Teaching students at Marylhurst University, incorporate language and cultural teachings in their student teaching at Arbor School, helping young people become global citizens.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program must provide:
- M.A.T. program application for admission and non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Minimum GPA for graduate admission is 3.00
- Must have conferred bachelor’s degree before starting the program
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- Fingerprint verification
- Resume with a clearly stated career objective
- Proof of measles immunization
After all material has been submitted, final candidates will be invited for a personal interview. The interview will be conducted by members of the graduate faculty and professional educators. The interview is designed to explore your ideas about the program and learn more about your goals.
Initial review of applicant files begins March 1. Only complete applications will be considered for full admission status.
Applications received after this date are welcomed and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
New MAT students begin fall term.