MBA student Simon Tam's dispute with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office over an application to trademark the name of his band, The Slants, is receiving attention from major networks including BBC World News, NPR and Time.
Our admission requirements for the Marylhurst graduate and post-graduate certificate in sustainable business program include:
- Application and fee
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from an employer)
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Application essay
- Admissions interview
Applicants with fewer than five years of relevant work experience must have either:
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, or
- GMAT results earned within last two years
Note: International students have additional admission requirements.
The application essay is a three- to five-page document to help us understand your experiences, accomplishments, goals and written communication skills. In a well-structured essay, please address all of the following:
- Describe an important professional experience and what you learned from it
- Describe your life goals
- Describe how a Marylhurst MBA will help you achieve your goals
You may be able to apply up to nine quarter credits you've earned at another accredited graduate business program within the last five years toward your Marylhurst MBA.