Joe Bell, MBA alum, was named Sr. Director of Global Network Infrastructure at CDK Global in October 2014.
Here are some excellent resources on the "green" economy:
Research and reports
- "Green Recovery: A program to create good jobs and start building a low-carbon economy" — Political Economy Research Institute (PERI)
- "Green jobs in U.S. metro areas" — Global Insight for U.S. Conference of Mayors
- "Preparing the workers of today for the jobs of tomorrow" — White House Council of Economic Advisers
- "Green Jobs: Towards decent work in a sustainable, low-carbon world" — Worldwatch Institute for United Nations Environment Programme
LEED education and training
- Green Education Services
- Everblue Training Institute
- LEED Professional Credential program
- LEED Accreditation — Fad or Necessity?
- LEED Certification
Corporations serious about sustainability
- The 100 Best Green Companies — Oregon Business Magazine, June 2009
- Columbia Sportswear Company — Socially responsibility approaches in factories, facilities and operations
- Nike — Recycling athletic shoes into playgrounds
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Oregon Department of Energy
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U. S. Department of Energy
Resources for businesses
- Business Oregon — Business Oregon works to create, retain, expand and attract businesses that provide sustainable, living-wage jobs for Oregonians through public-private partnerships, leveraged funding and support of economic opportunities for Oregon companies and entrepreneurs.
- Government Contract Assistance Program — The Government Contract Assistance Program provides procurement technical assistance, and is sponsored by the Organization for Economic Initiatives, the Defense Logistics Agency, the Oregon Economic and Community Development Department and the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- The Northwest Earth Institute — The Northwest Earth Institute is recognized as a national leader in developing innovative programs that empower individuals and organizations to protect Earth.
- The Northwest Power and Conservation Council — The council is a unique organization that helps the Pacific Northwest states make critical decisions that balance the multiple purposes of the Columbia River and its tributaries.