MBA student Simon Tam's dispute with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office over an application to trademark the name of his band, The Slants, is receiving attention from major networks including BBC World News, NPR and Time.
School of Business
MBA, Marketing, University of California, Berkeley
Financial Industry Certificate, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania
Conflict Management & Resolution Certification, Harvard University
MaryJo is a business leader with more than 25 years' marketing and management consulting experience in both Fortune 500 and non-profit companies, particularly in the finance and health care industries. After earning her bachelor's degree, magna cum laude from Marylhurst College, she pursued graduate studies at the University of Louvain as a Fulbright scholar. MaryJo began her professional career as a special agent in the Foreign Service of the U.S. State Department. She has 15 years experience as a marketing executive with IBM.
- Teaches in the MBA and Marylhurst Core programs at Marylhurst
- Studied social and experimental psychology as a Fulbright Scholar at the University of Louvain in Belgium
- Current Board member and past chair of both the OHSU Heart Research Center Board of Governors and the American Association of University Women, Lake Oswego Branch
- Published author – AAUW monthly educational newsletter
- Who's Who in American Universities