Rachel Blume, English literature & new media major, was notified in March 2014 she'd been accepted into the University of Washington's top-ranked master's in library and information science program.
1. The graduate department application and non-refundable application fee of $50.
You can download the paper version of each department's application by visiting their page: Department Application Checklists
2. International Student Information Sheet
You can download the international student information sheet as a PDF.
3. Official documentation of undergraduate degree and completion of prerequisite coursework
International transcripts require a professional transcript evaluation.
U.S. transcripts: official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
4. Proof of measles immunization
You can download the form as a PDF.
5. Proof of English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English through one of the following:
- TOEFL score of 79 iBT or higher
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- MELICET score of 77 or higher through Pacific International Academy (PIA) upon arrival in the United States
- Official transcripts showing completion of a degree at a regionally-accredited U.S. institution
- Official transcripts showing successful completion of two college-level composition courses
6. Additional documentation or testing required by the individual program
All graduate departments have different and specific admissions requirements. Please consult the Department Application Checklist page for specific department requirements, or contact the Office of Admissions.
Please have all test scores, transcripts, and other supporting documents sent to:
PO Box 261
Marylhurst, OR 97036
After You've Been Accepted
For the I-20 to be processed, admitted students will have to provide the following documents:
1. Copy of the passport biographical page
2. Original bank statement or letter showing sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for at least the first year of study.
A recent bank statement or letter may be required if it was originally submitted more than six months prior to the planned program start date. You can download the estimated expenses as a PDF.
3. Declaration of Finances form
4. International Student Transfer-In Request Form
This form is for students transferring in from another school in the United States.
Other Helpful Resources