Timothy Merritt, English & new media student, presented An Apple Cleft in Two: Batman and Joker as Shadows of the Self in Death of the Family at the Northwest Undergraduate Literature Conference in March 2015.
1. The graduate department application and non-refundable application fee of $50.
You can download the paper version of each department's application by visiting their page: Department Application Checklists
2. Official documentation of undergraduate degree and completion of prerequisite coursework
International transcripts require a professional transcript evaluation.
U.S. transcripts: official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
3. Proof of measles immunization
You can download the form as a PDF.
4. Proof of English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English through one of the following:
- TOEFL score of 79 iBT or higher
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- MELICET score of 77 or higher through Pacific International Academy (PIA) upon arrival in the United States
- Official transcripts showing completion of a degree at a regionally-accredited U.S. institution
- Official transcripts showing successful completion of two college-level composition courses
5. Additional documentation or testing required by the individual program
All graduate departments have different and specific admissions requirements. Please consult the Department Application Checklist page for specific department requirements, or contact the Office of Admissions.
Please have all test scores, transcripts, and other supporting documents sent to:
PO Box 261
Marylhurst, OR 97036
After You've Been Accepted
For the I-20 to be processed, admitted students will have to provide the following documents:
1. Pay the International Student Matriculation Fee ($400)
This is a one-time non-refundable $400 (US Dollars) fee for admitted students who
are studying at Marylhurst University on an F-1 Visa. Payment is required before an
I-20 will be issued.
You can pay the fee here: International Student Matriculation Fee. Please have your student ID available to pay the fee.
2. Copy of the passport biographical page
3. International Student Information Sheet
Download a PDF of the international student information sheet.
4. Original bank statement or letter showing sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for at least the first year of study.
5. Declaration of Finances form with estimated expenses
6. International Student Transfer-In Request Form
This form will be provided to you after you are admitted to Marylhurst
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES