Dr. John Paul, music department chair, will conduct a live performance of his musical score for the 1930 silent film City Girl at the Astoria Music Festival on June 20, 2013.
The Willow Room
Prior to its use as a meeting space, the Willow Room served as the faculty dining room for the Sisters living in the Faculty House. This venue, fully equipped with high-tech AV equipment, is located in Clark Commons.
The Hawthorn Room
Located in Clark Commons, the Hawthorn Room initially served as a gathering place for resident students. Built in the 1960s, this venue housed the dining hall and kitchen facilities, moving those functions from their original location in the BP John Administration building. In addition to serving as an event venue, the Hawthorn Room is also home to Savor Café at Marylhurst, providing lunches for faculty, staff and students.
The Old Library
The Old Library served as the original Marylhurst College library from 1930 to 1968 and transitioned to its current use as an event venue when the new Shoen Library was built. This space features exquisite stained glass windows, beautiful built-in wood bookcases and a fireplace, giving the venue a cozy, collegial feel.
Acclaimed as the most beautiful room on campus, Flavia Salon has always served as a venue for special events. In the early years of Marylhurst College, students held dances in the salon and hosted formal teas. The room features expansive arched windows, hardwood floors and a massive fireplace with couches.
The Hemlock Room
Located in Villa Maria, the Hemlock Room originally served as a community room for the Sisters who resided in the building. Recently the venue was upgraded with the addition of projection equipment to host a campus film festival.
St. Anne's Chapel
St. Anne's Chapel was built in 1968 to replace Wiegand Chapel as the spiritual center for the campus. In early years, the chapel was used almost exclusively for the celebration of Mass and other religious ceremonies, as well as commencement exercises on occasion. After the 1974 transition to a co-ed university, St. Anne's has become a more versatile event venue, hosting concerts and speakers in addition to religious celebrations.
Beautifully appointed with stained glass, Wiegand Hall originally served as the campus chapel. Wiegand is now used most frequently for music recitals, student rehearsals, and weekly Mass for the Marylhurst community.
Lajos Balogh Performance Shell
Our newest Marylhurst addition, the outdoor concert shell arrived in the fall of 2011. The covered stage plays host to a series of summer concerts and performances. The stage is wired for electricity, however, all AV needs will need to be provided by the renter. The lawn space for participants will hold up to 1000 people with approximately 500 parking spots available on campus.
Compare each room's amenities and capacity.