FAQs About Paying Your Tuition Bill or Getting a Refund
When is payment for tuition and fees due?
Payment in full is expected at the time of registration and not later than the second Friday of the term unless special arrangements have been made such as a Third Party reimbursed promissory note, Third Party billing or TuitionPay.
Where do I pay my tuition and fees?
- Payments can be made online by credit card or an ACH withdrawal from your bank account by selecting GO TO MY CASHNET ACCOUNT on the My Finances page in My Marylhurst.
- On campus payments may be made by cash, personal check, business check, bank certified check and money order in the Student Accounts office on the second floor of the B.P. John Administration Building.
- Payments may be mailed to the university and directed to the attention of the Student Accounts office.
What are my tuition and fees payment options?
The university supports several payment options:
- On campus – Accepted in the Office of Student Accounts are cash, personal and business checks, bank certified checks, and money orders.
- Online – Payments may be made online using Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, or an ACH Withdrawal from your bank account. Debit cards are not accepted online at this time. Please note that a 2.75% service fee is applied to credit card transactions.
- Third party billing – Employer is invoiced and pays at the beginning of the term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Third party reimbursed promissory note – Employer reimburses at the end of the term. Email email@example.com .
- TuitionPay – Monthly installment plans for current term only or academic year are available. Contact TuitionPay directly at 1.800.635.0120.
- International bank wires – International students only, amount equal to student account balance plus wire fee only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial aid – Contact the Office of Financial Aid directly at 503.699.6253 or email@example.com.
Is there a service fee for credit card transactions?
Yes – there is 2.75% service fee applied to credit card transactions. The 2.75% nonrefundable service fee will apply only to transactions on your student account balance (your CASHNet account). It will not be assessed on other credit card purchases across campus. For example, the service fee will not be assessed when you buy coffee at the campus store.
What installment payment options are available?
If you would like to pay tuition, fees and other charges in monthly interest-free installments for a low participation fee, you may participate in a payment plan administered by TuitionPay. Contact them directly at 1.800.635.0120 or contact the Office of Student Accounts at 503.699.6278 for further information.
When will my financial aid refund check be ready?
Financial aid refund checks are processed weekly starting the third week after the beginning of the term. They are available for pickup in the Office of Student Accounts from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each Friday. Any check not picked up will be mailed. If you anticipate a refund check, call the Office of Student Accounts at 503.699.6278 on Thursday afternoon to verify that a check will be available for you to pick up.
If I drop a class, when will I receive my tuition refund?
Tuition refund checks are processed weekly and are available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each Friday. Any check not picked up will be mailed. If you anticipate a refund check, call the Office of Student Accounts at 503.699.6278 on Thursday afternoon to verify that a check will be available for you to pick up.
What do I need to do if my employer has a tuition reimbursement plan?
- If your employer pays at the beginning of the term, please provide the Office of Student Accounts with a signed letter of financial guarantee from your employer at the time you register for classes. Your employer will be billed at the beginning of the term.
- If your employer pays at the end of the term or after grades are issued, each term you will need to submit a Promissory Note to the Office of Student Accounts along with your employer’s tuition reimbursement policy, proof of employment and pay a promissory note fee. The completed note can be submitted personally, mailed or faxed to a secure location at 503.534.4086 or it can be emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment on a promissory note is due no later than the third week after the term ends.
How do I get a receipt for my employer to prove I paid my tuition?
If you need to provide payment information for your employer, be sure to keep your copy of your current registration confirmation. This along with a statement from your online student account should be sufficient to prove payment.
Where do I pay my library fines?
All library fines may be paid at the main desk at the Shoen Library.
How do I qualify for a book voucher?
- You must be a financial aid student to qualify for a book voucher.
- If your financial aid exceeds what you will owe for tuition and fees and it creates a credit balance on your student account, you can request a book voucher to purchase your books prior to the aid being disbursed to your student account. You must have been awarded financial aid, returned a signed copy of your award letter accepting the financial aid award to the Office of Financial Aid and be registered for the correct number of credits for the term for the financial aid to show as pending on your student account.
- To obtain your voucher, email email@example.com and provide your full name and student ID number. You will be issued the maximum amount of the credit on your student account or $700, whichever is lower. MBS Direct will email you a Voucher ID that you will enter on the “ordering page” in the online bookstore. Your Voucher ID may be used more than once if you need to make multiple purchases.
- Only one voucher will be issued per term.
- Book vouchers will be available five weeks prior to the start of each term and until the end of the second week of term.
Contact Student Accounts
Not finding what you need? Still have questions about tuition payments and your options? Contact our Student Accounts team.
Our office is located on the main floor of the B.P. John Administrative Bldg. and we’re open M – F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed 1 – 2 p.m., except Fridays!)