Careers: Master of Divinity (M.Div.) at Marylhurst
Earn your M.Div. and pursue your calling within the spiritual care career field. Marylhurst University’s exceptional Master of Divinity program prepares you to serve as an effective leader and spiritual care provider. Serve with wisdom and care as you advance within spiritual care careers. Upon successful completion of this program, you will have a strong foundation for professional ministry and find yourself prepared to pursue the ordination processes established by the individual polity and denominational formation of various traditions.
Consistently each year, more than 90 percent of our newly graduated M.Div. students find placements appropriate to their vocational intention and theological education.
The Master of Divinity program accepts students each term (fall, winter, spring and summer). Inquire and apply now for 2017.
Spiritual Care Careers – Sample Career Titles
Our Master of Divinity graduates are well-prepared for vocations and careers as:
- Ordained minister in churches, synagogues and the military
- Chaplain in hospitals, hospice centers, prison ministry as well as veteran’s hospitals
- Spiritual care provider in retreat centers or retirement centers
- Spiritual director
- Ethicist of pastoral care or institutional director of mission integration
- Religious educator in a parish or school
- University or seminary teacher
Career and Internship Services
As a Marylhurst student, you will have access to our Career and Internship Services team who offer everything from resume help to internship placement. And this service continues beyond your years with Marylhurst, as an alum, you have access to career management and assistance from our hands-on, caring team.
Let’s get started.