A Quality College Education for Today’s Military Service Members and Veterans
Welcome to Marylhurst University in Portland, Oregon – a military friendly institution focused on the needs of military service members, veterans and their families. We’re a leading applied liberal arts and business university that prepares students of all faiths and backgrounds to be career ready.
Marylhurst is different
- Fully focused on degree completion. More than 90% of our undergraduate student population comes to Marylhurst as transfer students who want to finish their bachelor’s degree.
- We emphasize peer and experiential learning that combines valuable liberal arts skills (problem solving, ethics, communication) with career-relevant knowledge.
- Small institution (less than 1,000 students) so we can provide personal attention and a welcoming community to all our students. Our current student-to-faculty ratio is 5-to-1.
- Regionally accredited and well-respected university. We have more than 122 years of educational excellence to stand behind.
- Flexibility in scheduling and format to help make a college education attainable. Most courses are offered in the evenings, on the weekends or online.
Military Friendly Degrees & Programs
Marylhurst University offers military and veteran students diverse applied liberal arts and business programs aimed helping you complete your bachelor’s degree or earn an advanced degree, like our popular MBA.
Military Scholarship & Benefits
An accessible education also means an affordable education. Marylhurst University’s tuition is competitive and often lower than most for-profit and nonprofit, private institutions in our region. Beyond tuition, we offer a military scholarship and benefit support to our military and veteran students.
Military & Veteran Facts and Stats
15% of our student population is military or veteran
10 is our average class size (even online)
Average age of our students is mid-30s
Job placement rate is 85%
Career and internship services (even after you graduate)
Support services for military & veterans (including student groups)
Credit for Military Experience
Marylhurst accepts credit for armed service education and training according to the American Council on Education recommendations. We have a robust credit-for-prior-learning program that assess your military experience and awards college credit.
Two options to earn credit for prior learning:
- Credit by exam
- Prior Learning Assessment Program (most military/veteran students choose this)
Let’s get started.