Administrative Assistant at Mary’s Woods – Federal Work Study Position (Off Campus)
Administrative Assistant at Mary’s Woods
Job Summary: The administrative assistant supports the Development team; specifically the Development Director and Development Liaison as required and directed in a wide range of administrative duties, provides a full range of administrative assistance related to the management of donor records, special events and project support. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material, database management, and the preparation of routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda and reports. Coordinates and schedules meetings and has specified roles in our signature fundraising event, the annual Gala.
- Receives donation documentation from Mary’s Woods Finance office. Contacts donors if questions arise or additional information is needed to complete transaction. Brings cash or checks to Finance if received by Development.
- Prepares personalized donor acknowledgment letters, taking into consideration past donor activities, giving, and personal circumstances, as appropriate. Becomes familiar with AOD database and will be able to use as necessary.
- Assists and supports Development with event coordination and implementation.
- Prepares and distributes mailings, including annual appeals, reports, announcements and event invitations for Development purposes, including the coordination of print materials and supplies, working with the color copier technician and troubleshooting as needed.
- Assists with research to support program and grant development.
- Responsibility for accurate calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external contacts, to coordinate a variety of meetings.
- Assists with preparation of presentation materials using such software as PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, dashboard, Dreamweaver and other software for graphic projects.
- Anticipates, prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner. Exhibits good communication skills in interacting with numerous individuals and personalities.
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in: MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Publisher and Outlook. Editing existing letters to meet specific needs, as well as other communications, is a top priority for this position.
- Represents Mary’s Woods through positive, service-oriented interactions with residents, donors and community partners, maintaining a strong knowledge of giving and volunteer opportunities, upcoming events, and services.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates professionalism in business correspondence.
- Strong typing, formatting and data management abilities.
- Ability to verbalize and demonstrate the principles of office management.
- Keep office supplies organized and accessible.
- Understands, complies and promotes all rules regarding resident rights.
- Promotes positive relationships with residents, donors, visitors, staff and regulators.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Supports and follows all safety and infection control practices.
- Demonstrates ability to perform and remain calm in emergency situations.
- Able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must adhere to the following behavioral standards within our mission statement: Hospitality, Compassion, Reverence and Integrity.
- Establishes and maintains acceptable record keeping systems.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and administrative office conversations.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of office equipment including ordering office supplies as needed and on a timely basis.
- Strictly adheres to HIPPA rules and regulations.
- Assists with other departments and supports other Departmental Directors as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position is non-supervisory.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma with a minimum of five years’ experience in administrative support or related fields with progressively higher levels of responsibility; college preferred.
The Administrative Assistant works in a variety of settings including in and out of doors. Works in clean well-lighted, well-ventilated office and buildings over 95% of the time. May occasionally walk on unlevel and uneven surfaces, especially outdoors. Possible work hazards include cuts and scrapes from equipment, tools and materials, falls due to wet floors and slippery ground, quick temperature changes in and out of buildings. Work environment involves little exposure to potentially dangerous materials.
Ability to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds without assistance.
20 hours per week – Occasional evening and/or weekends required for special functions
$12.00 / hour
Fall Term 2016
Name of Supervisor:
Director of Development at Mary’s Woods
Mary’s Woods: Development
How to Apply:
Send the completed application, including Financial Aid Office endorsement, cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Marylhurst University Human Resources Office located in BP John Administration Building near Student Services.
May 16, 2016
Open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, color, race, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.
Candidates with disabilities requiring accommodations and/or assistance during the hiring process may contact Human Resources.
Employment at Marylhurst University is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.