Dr. Jim Davis, human sciences faculty, presented workshops on senior policy and advocacy at the Aging in America conference in San Diego in March 2014.
Replacement or Duplicate Diplomas
You may request in writing a duplicate diploma or certificate to replace an original that has been lost or damaged, to reflect a legal name change, or to have more than one copy to display. The duplicate will carry the signatures of the officials in office at the time of reissue and will display the following statement on its face: "Duplicate diploma issued on [date of issue]."
The cost for each duplicate diploma or certificate is $40. Please allow up to 8 weeks for processing.
To request a duplicate diploma or certificate, submit a letter to the Office of the Registrar including the following:
- Name and address to which the replacement diploma should be mailed
- Name under which you attended (if different)
- Current phone number and email
- Marylhurst ID number (if known)
- Approximate graduation date
- Degree and major or certificate program
- Your signature and the date
- Enclosed check for $40
If requesting a name change, you must additionally submit a name change form and appropriate documentation.
Certified Copies of Diplomas
The Office of the Registrar will provide, upon written request, a certified copy of a diploma. A certified copy of a diploma is a photocopy of the original that has been authenticated and notarized. The cost for a certified copy is $20. Requests are normally processed within 10 business days. To request a certified copy of a diploma, submit a letter to the Office of the Registrar including the following:
- Signed and dated letter expressing the request
- Good quality photocopy of the original diploma
- Enclosed check or credit card payment for $20
Note that the Office of the Registrar does not keep copies of diplomas on file. You must provide a copy of the diploma to be certified. If you do not have a copy, you must order a replacement diploma.