Monday - Thursday: 8am-7pm
What is an LMS?
It stands for "Learning Management System." LMSes generally serve as a hub for online courses. Marylhurst currently uses Moodle as our LMS. Within Moodle students can access course materials, complete homework and much more. You will see all the usual features of an LMS: pages, discussion forums, drop boxes, quizzes, etc.
If you are a student, visit our Answer Lab for Students
Here you will find "how-to's" and practice hands on, using the various tools. These include basic navigation, creating a profile, using course Quickmail, how to participate in online discussions (posts to forums) and using the Assignment tool to submit homework.
If you are Faculty, visit the Answer Lab for Faculty
Here you will find information about backup and restore features, grades and feedback, and highlights of new things in Moodle
What browser should I use?
Firefox (recommended), Chrome or Safari.
Although the newest version of browsers are recommended, the oldest versions that you can use are: Firefox 4, Google Chrome 11 and Safari 5.
Please note that we are not recommending Internet Explorer as we have seen too many problems.
How do I log in to Moodle?
- Go to Moodle (moodle.marylhurst.edu)
- Click on Login in the upper right hand corner
- Use your My Marylhurst username and password
- Document on how to log into Moodle
How do I reset my password?
To log into Moodle, you use your My Marylhurst user/pass. The Moodle login information syncs with My Marylhurst every 15 minutes. So to reset your password for Moodle, you need to reset your password for My Marylhurst. When you go through the My Marylhurst password reset, it sends the email with the new password to the primary email address that we have on file.
To reset your password:
- Go to My Marylhurst (my.marylhurst.edu)
- Put your Marylhurst ID number into the username field
- Click "Don't know my Password" on the right hand side of the Login button
- Follow through this process and you will be emailed a password to the email address that we have on file for you.
*Please be aware that the password is CaSe SeNsItIvE. Sometimes the email ends up getting filtered out as spam, so check your spam filter.
How do I change my password?
To change your password:
- Log into my.marylhurst.edu
- Click on the "Personal Info" link along the welcome bar
- Select the "Password" tab
- Please allow 15 minutes for the systems to re-sync