Amy Henderson, M.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies alum, was named lead gerontologist at the National College of Natural Medicine's new Age Wise Institute in March 2016.
Marylhurst Campus Ministry promotes a Catholic framework for competence, leadership and service that honors the longstanding, inclusive ministry in the Pacific Northwest of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. It seeks innovative ways to provide spiritual guidance to adult and nontraditional students, whether they are on campus or online, and reach out to spiritual and secular communities alike to encourage healing and peace. Most importantly, Campus Ministry encourages and helps the Marylhurst community to respect the uniqueness and dignity of each person.
- Spiritual direction and pastoral care
- Prayer services and liturgies
- Group spiritual growth and retreats
Ecumenical and Interfaith Dialogue
- Ongoing theological dialogue among religious leaders in the Judeo-Christian traditions
- Dialogue among major faith traditions, especially Christianity, Islam and Judaism, to promote understanding, healing and peace
Community Service and Outreach
- Outreach and liaison activities – with Archdiocese, Ecumenical Ministries, Mary's Woods, Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary
- Public lectures and forums
- Serving the underserved through faculty, staff and student volunteerism and promoting formal structures for community service
- Catholic Mass: Once a month. See Calendar of Events.
Wiegand Hall, Third Floor, BP John Bldg.
NOTE: Activities do not occur between terms and on university holidays. Consult our calendar of events to confirm meeting days.
Room 204, Marian Hall
The Blessed Marie-Rose Durocher Meditation Room provides a quiet, peaceful setting for contemplation and reflection.
Marian Hall 202
Office of Mission Integration