Dr. Laura Beer, chair of the art, music and creative arts therapies department, was the lead author on Contemplative Practices of Higher Education Professionals, published in spring 2015 in the Journal of Transformative Education.
The purpose of Shoen Library's collection development policy is:
- To describe the present collection at Shoen Library and to map the direction of its future growth.
- To assist librarians and faculty as they work together to acquire materials for the various subject areas.
- To serve as a support document for establishing priorities for budget planning and expenditures.
- To establish priorities in the event of reduced budgets.
- To facilitate cooperative or coordinated collection development with other libraries.
Read the full Collection Development Policy.