International Applicants – Admissions Requirements
International applicants follow the same requirements and application process as local applicants do– starting with the Online Admissions Application. Please review those requirements and the application process as you prepare to apply to Marylhurst. There are a few more requirements for students needing an F-1 visa—you can see those below.
If you have any questions at any time, call or email us! We are always here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.699.6268 (or you can use our toll-free number – 800.634.9982).
Proof of English Proficiency – International Applicants
One requirement to know is: if your first language is not English, we need proof of your proficiency. Please provide test scores or documentation for ONE of the following:
- IELTS test score of 6.5 or higher.
- TOEFL score of 79 iBT or higher.
- PTE score of 53 or higher.
- Transcripts showing completion of a degree or successful completion of two college-level English Writing classes from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution.
- Transcripts showing a conferred Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer or equivalent transfer degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution.
- Transcripts showing a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution or from an institution in the following countries: Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand or the United Kingdom.
Victoria Reis – Admissions Counselor – International Specialist
“Choosing Marylhurst will change your life. Whether you are an international transfer student or coming to the U.S. for the first time, I will be by your side as you enter our Marylhurst community. In my decade as an international educator, I have helped thousands of students from dozens of countries around the world. Now, I am here to help you! I am Marylhurst’s International Specialist—please contact me so I can help you, with admissions or anything else.”
503.534.7030 (or 800.634.9982)
Tips for International Applicants
- If you have fewer than 45 college quarter credits already, we need your official high school transcript, with an unofficial translation into English.
- We also need official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended. If you ever attended college or university outside of the U.S., we need an official, course-by-course international transcript evaluation from ECE, FCSA, or WES. See more about transcript evaluation services here.
And finally, students needing an F-1 Visa from Marylhurst have a few more extra steps:
After we get all these documents, we will review your file for admission, and, once you are accepted, the last step is to pay a one-time $200 matriculation fee. Then, we will issue your I-20.
Finally, if you are coming from abroad, don’t forget to apply for your F-1 student visa! Or, if you are transferring from another school in the US, you will need
- A Transfer-in form—we will give you this form
- A Transfer Release form—you will get this from your current school
English Language Proficiency Test Providers
International Transcript Evaluation Services
Let’s get started.