Welcome! Whether you’re applying to the B.A. in Music or the Bachelor’s in Music Therapy, here are your basic admissions requirements to formally apply to either of these programs. If at any point you have questions, just reach out to us. We’re happy to help: email@example.com or 503.699.6268.
To start, applicants should have a 2.25 minimum G.P.A. cumulatively among college coursework.
- Complete an online application
Don’t worry about finishing the online application in one session. You can save your work, log out and return to the application at any time. Your information will be saved.
- Submit your official transcripts from all previous regionally accredited colleges and universities. As a courtesy, Marylhurst University will pay for and order your transcripts for you. Complete the Transcript Release Form and return to the Office of Admission
- Audition, interview and fundamental music assessment
Are you an international student? Please take a moment to review additional requirements for applying as an international student.
Official transcripts must be received by Marylhurst University in the original unopened envelope or through approved electronic means from the originating institution. Sounds very legal, but it’s pretty straightforward: contact your previous institutions and request an official transcript to be sent directly to Marylhurst: 17600 Pacific HWY, PO Box 261, Marylhurst, OR 97036-0261. Official transcripts can also be sent via a secure delivery service such as National Student Clearinghouse, eSCRIP-SAFE, or Parchment. Directions on how to do this will also be available within the online admissions application.
Donna Davis – Admissions Counselor and Associate Director of Admissions
“Our music programs are truly top-notch with performance ensembles and expert faculty. Taking the step to apply into one of our programs is a big decision. As an admisisons counselor, I’m here to help you navigate the application process. Reach out to me before, during and after the application process. I’m here for you even through your first term at Marylhurst to make sure your start is a smooth one.”
The Marylhurst’s music programs are rigorous, so we seek students who already demonstrate a high level of musicianship. In addition to fulfilling general university admission requirements (see above), you should also:
- Complete the supplemental music questions when prompted within the online application
- If you are a music therapy applicant, submit a 2-3 page essay describing why you are interested in a career as a music therapist
- Complete an audition
- Complete additional assessments after acceptance to determine proper placement within the program
Marylhurst schedules auditions several times a year for qualified candidates after receiving and reviewing application materials. Please make sure your application materials are submitted at least two weeks prior to the audition period to ensure ample time for review.
Complete your application now to be considered for upcoming auditions to be held on May 24.
View our auditions guidelines.