The Marylhurst Distinguished Alumni Awards recognize incredible MU alumni doing amazing things that positively impact the world around us. The Awards offer three distinct categories in which alumni are recognized:
- Nancy Wilgenbusch Distinguished Professional: Awarded to an alumna/us for significant contribution and achievement in her/his career
- Service to Society: Awarded to an alumna/us for exemplary community involvement and service
- Service to Marylhurst: Awarded to an alumna/us who promotes the Marylhurst mission through volunteer involvement on campus and/or as an ambassador of Marylhurst University in the community
Awards are presented at the annual reunion weekend.
//View past recipients of the Distinguished Alumni Awards
Nominations for the Distinguished Alumni Awards
We accept nominations for the three categories of the Distinguished Alumni Awards each year. The nominations for the 2016 awards are now closed. Nominations for 2017 will open later this fall.
Distinguished Recent Graduate Award
This award is presented to a recent graduate, within the past three years, who exemplifies academic excellence and leadership as a student, and a high potential for future success. This award is selected by Marylhurst academic leadership.
– College of Arts & Sciences: Terri Daniel ’14
– School of Business: Shannon Kenyon ’13
– School of Graduate Studies: Anne Taylor ’13
– College of Arts & Sciences: Cynthia Tanner ’14
– School of Business: Simon Tam ’13
– School of Graduate Studies: Shelly Parini-Runge ’12
2013 – Tina Admire ’13
2012 – Patrice J. Williams ’12
2011 – Melissa Farmer ’11
2010 – Noelle Allen ’10
2009 – Cheryl Scarcelli ’09
2008 – Emily Bennett ’08
2007 – Tina L. Scialabba ’07
2006 – Felicia Harris ’06