Options by Degree – Food Systems & Society (MS)

Options by Degree – Food Systems & Society (MS)

OHSU – approved teach-out agreement

On July 12, 2018, our accrediting body, the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, approved a teach-out agreement with Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) to give Marylhurst students the opportunity to complete their M.S. in Food Systems & Society degree program at OHSU.

Since the announcement of Marylhurst’s closure, we have been working hard to find the right home for our food systems & society program. We feel this is the best option we could have provided our food systems & society students under the circumstances.

However, you are not obligated to transfer to OHSU. You are welcome to choose any transfer option that meets your needs.

If you choose to continue in the M.S. in Food Systems & Society program at OHSU, you will need to notify OHSU by September 24, 2018. Students eligible to transfer include those admitted to start in the 2018-19 academic year as well as students already enrolled and in progress. You’ll enter OHSU at the same academic standing you held as of Spring 2018. (Students not in good academic standing at this time will be evaluated during Fall 2018 for continuation in the program).

If you wish to apply for financial aid through OHSU, you will need to send your FAFSA results to OHSU for processing. OHSU will consider all eligible students for all applicable aid for the 2018-19 and subsequent academic years. For the 2018-19 year, OHSU will charge the same tuition and fees as Marylhurst would have ($641 per credit hour + one-time additional amount of $150 for students starting the program in fall).

Finally, you’ll need to authorize Marylhurst to transfer your student record to your new institution. For those of you choosing OHSU, we’ve made this task easier by creating a form for this purpose. Complete the FERPA release form to transfer your student record to OHSU and bring or email the signed form to Marylhurst’s Office of the Registrar (registrar@marylhurst.edu).

If you would like to discuss your individual situation, please schedule an appointment with Emily Bonney in our Advising Center or contact Dr. Diane D. Stadler at OHSU at stadlerd@ohsu.edu.