We’re pleased to announce that our 124th commencement ceremony will be held right here, on the Marylhurst campus!
Sunday, June 17, 2018
Marylhurst University campus
If you want to hear your name read as you walk across that stage, you’ve got to let us know you’re coming. Be sure you’re logged into My Marylhurst, and RSVP no later than June 4 (we extended the deadline!).
Your guests can find us — and find their way around campus — with our Marylhurst Campus Map.
- Check-in at 9:00 a.m. for Baccalaureate, 12:15 p.m. for Commencement (BPJ Admin)
- Bring your cap, gown and tassel
- Wear sensible shoes (you’ll be walking on pavement, across the lawn, on stage)
- Beyond the above, the less you bring the better. Have a friend or family member hold your purse or bag, because there is no safe place to stash your things.
So that all may enjoy this special day, we respectfully request you and your guests do NOT bring:
- Balloons, confetti, horns, whistles
- Food (we’re hosting lunch)
- Drugs, alcohol, weapons
- No tickets are needed – all events are free and you may invite as many guests as you like
- The forecast is for sunny weather. Wear sunscreen. In the event it’s too hot, guests may retreat to our air-conditioned cooling room in Baxter Hall.
Photography is absolutely allowed.
Families are encouraged to capture the commencement moment. However, Marylhurst University is providing professional photographers who will photograph each graduate on stage as he or she receives that diploma. These memorable photos will be available to graduates and their families free of charge (through a downloadable website). So sit back, enjoy the event and don’t worry about jumping over aisles to get the perfect shot. We’ve got you covered.
// Also see Frequently Asked Questions about Graduation and Commencement
- TriMet bus (Marylhurst is on bus line 35)
- Taxi, Uber or Lyft
Parking attendants will be on hand to guide you into a space in one of our parking lots, or onto our front field, which will be marked off for parking. If you require an accessible parking spot, or just need to drop off a person in your party who needs a shorter walk, our attendants will direct you. (We’re asking our staff who know our campus well to park next door to make more room for our guests.)
If you are a Marylhurst student who has specific accessibility needs or wants to request accommodations for your documented disability for any of the commencement activities, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Disability Services right away. We recommend early arrival to accommodate invited guests who may need accessible parking and seating.
Photographs from our commencement ceremonies are shared online, free of charge. It’s our graduation gift to you and your family. They’ll be uploaded to the Marylhurst Flickr account a few days after commencement.
We’ve answered commonly asked questions about applying to graduate at Marylhurst, what’s listed on your diploma, what’s the difference between graduation and commencement, who is eligible to walk at commencement and more.
// View our Frequently Asked Questions about Graduation and Commencement