Complete your Curriculum and Instruction Program at Marylhurst
The Curriculum and Instruction Program is designed for professional educators who wish to broaden their understanding of teaching and learning. From a place of inquiry, teachers examine educational practices, deepen their knowledge of instruction and assessment methodology, investigate the connection between theory and practice, and study an area of interest within the context of their own practice. In addition to instructional leadership abilities, individuals will explore potential roles throughout the educational community.
Complete the Curriculum and Instruction Program by earning 24 credits in the following subject areas:
- Child development and learning theory
- Culturally proficient curriculum and assessment
- Reading essentials for Pre-K – 5 or secondary learners
- Positive classroom
- Race, identity and representation in education
- Student experience research and development
Choose to earn 3 of the required 24 credits within the following content areas:
- Scientific inquiry and technology
- Adolecent Development
- Integrated language arts and social studies
- Teaching strategies for specific content areas
- Elementary mathamatical literacy
Ready to Start?
You may apply and begin the Curriculum and Instruction Program four times a year, with classes beginning fall, winter, spring and summer terms. If you have any questions about this program, connect with our Office of Admissions by requesting more information or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regionally accredited university (NWCCU accredited)
- Approved by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
- Part-time or full-time scheduling options
- Many courses offered in the evenings or on weekends
- Small classes with individual focus from our renowned faculty
- Engaging courses with team-orientated projects and networking opportunities