Earn your Counseling Certificate at Marylhurst
The Counseling Certificate is designed for professional Art Therapists pursuing some of the courses required for licensure in Oregon as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Certificate students develop an understanding and integrate contemporary theories from the fields of counseling, psychology and art therapy. As a student, you will study historical and contemporary research while considering diverse cultural backgrounds, values and ethical dilemmas in professional practice.
Curriculum in the Counseling Certificate
The Counseling Certificate may be earned through the completion of 20-credits in coursework comprised of psychology, counseling and art therapy.
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling
- Diagnostic Appraisal and Testing
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Research Methods, Development and Evaluation
- Professional Orientation and Ethics
Ready to Start?
For certificate programs, you are able to apply to start four times a year: fall, winter, spring and summer. Admission requirements for certificates are similar to our degree admissions requirements. If you have any questions about this certificate, connect with our Office of Admissions by requesting more information or emailing email@example.com.
- Regionally accredited university (NWCCU accredited)
- Small classes with individual focus from our renowned faculty
- Engaging courses with team-orientated projects and networking opportunities
- Flexible options with diverse program focus areas
- Many courses offered online, in the evenings or on the weekends
- Transfer credit options and prior-learning assessment (earn credit for career/life experience)