A Quality College Education for Today’s Military Service Members and Veterans
Welcome to Marylhurst University in Portland, Oregon – a military friendly institution focused on the needs of military service members, veterans and their families. We’re a leading applied liberal arts and business university that prepares students of all faiths and backgrounds to be career ready.
Marylhurst is different
- Fully focused on degree completion. More than 90% of our undergraduate student population comes to Marylhurst as transfer students who want to finish their bachelor’s degree.
- Dedicated to peer and experiential learning that combines valuable liberal arts skills (problem solving, ethics, communication) with career-relevant knowledge.
- Small (less than 1,000 students) so we can provide personal attention and a welcoming community to all our students. Our current student-to-faculty ratio is 5-to-1.
- Regionally accredited and well-respected. We have more than 123 years of educational excellence to stand behind.
- Flexible in scheduling and format to help make a college education attainable. Most courses are offered in the evenings, on the weekends or online.
Request information to connect with our friendly admissions team who can share further details about our military & veteran benefits.
Military Friendly Degrees & Programs
Marylhurst University offers military and veteran students diverse applied liberal arts and business programs aimed helping you complete your bachelor’s degree or earn an advanced degree, like our popular MBA.
Military Scholarship & Benefits
An accessible education also means an affordable education. Marylhurst University’s tuition is competitive and often lower than most for-profit and nonprofit, private institutions in our region. Beyond tuition, we offer a military scholarship and benefit support to our military and veteran students. And yes, we are a Yellow Ribbon School!
Credit for Military Experience
Marylhurst accepts credit for armed service education and training according to the American Council on Education recommendations. We have a robust credit-for-prior-learning program that assesses your military experience and awards college credit.
Two options to earn credit for prior learning:
- Credit by exam
- Prior Learning Assessment Program (most military/veteran students choose this)