Donation FAQs

Marylhurst University in Portland, Oregon

Frequently Asked Questions About Making Donations to Marylhurst

What is Marylhurst’s tax ID number?
Marylhurst’s tax ID is 93-0634049.

If I give online to Marylhurst, is my information secure?
Yes, the Marylhurst website is secure. Your information is safe with us and is kept confidential.

Who manages the university’s online giving program?
The university’s Office of University Advancement administers giving opportunities on the Marylhurst website.

With whom may I speak about my gift?
For annual gifts, call 503.699.6251. For major gifts and planned giving questions, call 503.699.6251. For foundation grants and corporate gifts or sponsorships, call 503.534.4059. You also may call the Office of University Advancement at 503.699.6251 and you will be directed to the appropriate staff member.

Are there any benefits associated with my gift?
Yes. A variety of benefits are available to donors, based on the nature and size of their gift(s). Please contact the Office of University Advancement at 503.699.6251 for additional recognition opportunities.

May I pledge my gift?
Marylhurst gladly accepts pledges for gifts of $1,000 and greater. All pledges must be made in writing and include a payment schedule. Pledges may be paid over three to five years in annual, semiannual or quarterly installments.

May I make a recurring gift?
Yes. Please call 503.699.6251 to discuss your recurring gift.

How do I include Marylhurst in my will?
It’s easy – just include the bequest language in your will or living trust. If you like, you can use this sample bequest language as a guide or call 503.699.6251.

What is an endowment?
An endowment is a fund established by a gift in which the donor has imposed the restriction that the principal remain intact; only income and growth from the principal can be used to support the stated purpose of the fund. Endowments may support scholarships, an academic program, Marylhurst facilities or Marylhurst in general.

I can’t find the fund I want to donate to — what do I do?
Please call the Office of University Advancement at 503.699.6251 and we’ll be happy to assist you.

How can I find out if my company has a matching gifts program?
Contact your human resources department or appropriate department at work that handles charitable giving on behalf of employees.

Can I make multiple donations in the same credit card transaction?
Yes. You can donate to as many funds listed on the website as you like with just one credit card transaction. Select “other” for the fund and provide specific instructions.

How do I set up a monthly or regular debit card deduction?
Please contact our annual giving manager at 503.699.6241 to make arrangements.

Can I make my donation anonymously?
You will need to provide your personal information so that you can be credited for your gift. However, if you want your gift to be publicly acknowledged as “anonymous,” please note this at the time of your donation.

How do I specify that my gift is a tribute to, or a memorial for, someone or a special event?
At the time you send or call in your gift, please note that your gift is a tribute or memorial and include the name of the person or event you are recognizing. If you have additional special requests or questions regarding your gift, please let us know.

The person I am making a joint gift with is also a Marylhurst alumna/us. How do I specify that?
If you are making a joint gift, please provide the name of the person with whom you are sharing the gift credit. Please also note the class year of your gift partner, if appropriate, and how you would like your joint gift to be acknowledged.

Contact University Advancement

Your gift powers the next generation. Please contact us with any questions you may have. We’d love to help you make a difference in our students’ lives.

Office of University Advancement