Building Monitor and Administrative Assistant – Federal Work Study Position
Building Monitor and Administrative Assistant (Work Study)
Monitor the entry/exit of people and their use of music / computer equipment in the St. Catherine building outside office hours, typically between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm from Monday to Thursday.
- A sign-in / sign-out sheet will be maintained
- Check each room for usage and cleanliness
- Coordinate with campus security for any questionable persons seen in the building
- Clean and tidy rooms, including vacuuming and dusting
- Ensure all windows/doors are closed, and heating units are turned ON to maintain and regulate the temperature in practice rooms for maintenance of campus pianos, as well as for safety.
- Report anything found out of order (non-emergencies) to the program coordinator
Work with program coordinator and staff in the Music program on office tasks as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Preparing documents, collecting and collating data.
- Filing and data entry
- Communicating with students, instructors and program constituents as needed
- Miscellaneous duties
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel) and Google Docs
- Can-do attitude, meticulous attention to detail, good judgment and discretion
- Ability to learn the operation of office equipment such as printers, copiers and scanners
- Ability to professionally communicate with students, staff, and diverse program constituents
- Must follow FERPA and counseling profession’s standards of confidentiality
Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs., occasionally
3 (occasionally, 6) hours per week, once (occasionally, twice) weekly
$11.25 / hour
Fall Term 2017
Counseling & Creative Therapies
How to Apply:
Submit the completed application, including Financial Aid Office endorsement and resume to: Michael Lie, Program Coordinator, Counseling and Creative Therapies, music office, immediately to the right as you enter the St. Catherine building.
September 6, 2017
Open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, color, race, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.
Candidates with disabilities requiring accommodations and/or assistance during the hiring process may contact Human Resources.
Employment at Marylhurst University is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.