Marysville Elementary School Tutor – Federal Work Study Position
Marysville Elementary School Tutor
Marylhurst University Federal Work-Study student will act as an America Reads tutor for Marysville Elementary School in SE Portland. Tutors are expected to:
- Work on reading skills with pre-school or elementary grade children in a variety of settings
- Be responsible for own transportation
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times, including appearance
- Arrive on time and sign in at the school’s main office
- Contact the site supervisor if for any reason unable to tutor as scheduled
- Be responsible for making sure timesheets are signed and turned in at the end of each pay period
- Create and maintain a tutor log
- Keep accurate records for timesheet and make sure the Marylhurst University timesheet is submitted to the Marylhurst University Human Resources office by the end of the pay period
- Maintain strict confidentiality about the children
- Not discriminate against children due to race, gender or disability
- Must be able to clear Marysville Elementary background check
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Honest, respectful, and dependable
The hours the tutor would work are flexible and are worked out between the tutor and the volunteer coordinator at the school.
$13.00 / hour
Name of Supervisor:
How to Apply:
Contact Tracy Reisinger for more information.
Director Financial Aid
17600 Pacific Highway
PO Box 261
Marylhurst, OR 97036
As part of the Federal Work-Study program, Marylhurst University is required to spend part of our federal work-study allocation on reading tutoring. In the past we have worked it out for a student to work at Marysville Elementary School in SE Portland. The student worker must qualify for Federal Work-Study funding as part of their financial aid package to qualify. Because of the travel and time commitment, this job pays $11.50/hour. If you are interested in possibly being a reading tutor for Marylhurst University at Marysville Elementary please contact Tracy Reisinger for more information. Again you must qualify for federal work study to qualify for this position. If you do not know if you qualify for federal work study funds or not, please feel free to contact Financial Aid to confirm if you qualify for these funds.
December 05, 2017
Open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, color, race, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.
Candidates with disabilities requiring accommodations and/or assistance during the hiring process may contact Human Resources.
Employment at Marylhurst University is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.