Transfer Scholarship at Marylhurst University
Receive up to $3,000 per year
If you’re considering transferring your college credit to Marylhurst to complete your bachelor’s degree, we want to help you by offering you a transfer scholarship of up to $3,000. This scholarship is renewable each year you are taking classes at Marylhurst. Receive $3,000 if you are enrolled full-time (fall, winter and spring). Prorated amounts are available if you plan to attend less than full time. For example, half-time is $1,500 per year and 3/4 time is $2,250 per year.
Criteria for the Transfer Scholarship
- 3.0 cumulative GPA and minimum of 30 transferable credits from a regionally accredited institution (that’s it!)
You are automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply to Marylhurst.
Transferring to Marylhurst – Why Consider this Scholarship?
- We have a long history of working with top scholars from community colleges. Ninety-five percent of our students transfer in previous college credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- No restrictions are placed on the age of transfer credits as long as they meet the criteria for transferability.
- Clear pathways to bachelor’s degree so there’s no guess work on what courses to take.
- Marylhurst University accepts credit for armed service education and training according to the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE).
2016-17 Featured Merit Scholarships
The Transfer Scholarship is just one of many scholarship opportunities that may be available to you.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship | Up to $6,000 per year | Renewable each year
If you’re a member of Phi Theta Kappa (community college honor society), you’re qualified for this scholarship
- Opportunity Plus Scholarship | Up to $3,600 per year | Renewable each year
If you have an AAOT, ASOT from a community college, and a 3.3 cumulative GPA from the degree granting institution, and show need, you’re qualified for this scholarship
For all of these scholarships, you are automatically considered for them when you apply for admissions into Marylhurst. No extra or unique scholarship application needed. We also offer special scholarships that are not listed here (depending on availability). We review your admissions application and consider you for all applicable scholarships.
The scholarships featured here are just a sample of aid available to our students. We have an incredibly connected and supportive community who donates funds toward student scholarships. This gives us the opportunity to award more than a million dollars in scholarship aid each year, including to our military and veteran students, and those in specific degree programs – like English and Music Therapy. Learn more about all the scholarships available to Marylhurst University students.
Explore our Current Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Choose from a diverse selection of liberal arts and business programs
Marylhurst is a private, nonprofit applied liberal arts and business university that offers diverse bachelor’s degree completion programs. Many of our students start at a community college and transfer their credits to Marylhurst to complete their degree. The Phi Theta Kappa scholarship is an exceptional opportunity for Phi Theta Kappa members to complete a bachelor’s degree from a premier institution but with financial assistance to make a private education possible.
- Art, B.A.
- Art, B.F.A.
- Business & Leadership, B.S.
- Business Management, B.S. (Also Online) *
- Business Management, B.A.S. (Also Online) *
- Communication, B.A.
- Culture and Media Studies, B.A.
- English Literature & Writing, B.A. (Also Online)
- Human Studies, B.A.
- Interdisciplinary Studies, B.A./B.A.S.
- Interior Design, B.F.A.
- Music Therapy, B.M.T.
- Music, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A.
- Science, B.A.
- Social Sciences, B.A.
* Courses also available through our off-site undergraduate business program at Portland Community College Cascades and at Clackamas Community College.
Admissions Requirements for Marylhurst University
As a transfer student, if you are interested in completing your bachelor’s degree at Marylhurst, please connect with an admissions counselor to discuss the scholarships, benefits of a Marylhurst education and the process to get started. In general, most bachelor’s degree programs require:
- Applicants have a 2.25 minimum GPA on college work or a 2.5 minimum GPA on high school work.
Your Next Step
Connect with the Office of Admissions and ask about the Transfer Scholarship or any of our other scholarship opportunities:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 503.699.6268