Frequently Asked Questions about Tuition and Financial Aid
Applying for Financial Aid – FAQs
- What do I have to do to apply for financial aid?
- What is the school’s federal ID/code?
- What is the Office of Financial Aid’s fax number and can I fax my application to you?
- Is it too late to apply for financial aid?
- Why do I have to complete the verification worksheet?
- Why do I have to provide tax transcripts?
- How do I obtain a tax transcript?
- Is it worth taking the time to apply for aid if I think I make too much money?
- Why am I considered a “dependent student”?
- What are “special circumstances” and how can they affect my financial aid?
- Do I have to apply for aid every year?
Receiving Financial Aid – FAQs
- When can I expect to get my award and is there any way to speed up the process?
- My award letter indicated that to keep my financial aid I need to make satisfactory academic progress. What does that mean?
- My award letter says I have to complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note. What does that mean?
- What is “loan entrance counseling” and how do I complete it?
When will my loan be certified?
- Can I do my loan entrance counseling and complete the loan master promissory note before I am awarded aid?
- How do I know that my application for a Stafford or PLUS loan has been approved? Is there a possibility of it being rejected?
- What is the difference between a subsidized and an unsubsidized federal Stafford loan?
What are the Stafford loan limits?
What are “alternative loans”?
- Is any more aid available?
- I only want to take one class this term. Can I still receive financial aid for that class?
- If I only have one class left to take toward my degree, should I register for additional classes to get up to half-time enrollment so I can receive financial aid?
Cost and Financial Aid Refunds – FAQs
- How much are tuition and fees?
- How much will books cost?
- Will financial aid cover my admissions fee or test fees?
- I was awarded financial aid in excess of my actual costs. When will I get my money?
- Can financial aid cover an outstanding balance from a previous school term?
- Can I get aid for repeated courses?
- What is “pending aid”? Can I get a refund from pending aid? If my aid is pending, can I defer payment on my student account?
- When can I get a book voucher?
- When do I need to clear my student account?
- How do I use financial aid to clear my student account?
- Does Marylhurst University provide short-term loans?
- What options do I have to clear my account if my financial aid does not cover my bill?
Co-Enrollment and/or Consortium Agreements – FAQs
- I am taking classes at Marylhurst University and another school. Can I get aid from both schools?
- What is the difference between being “co-enrolled” and completing a “consortium agreement”?
- How do I complete a consortium agreement form?
- How do I find a federal work-study job on campus?
- Where do I look for outside scholarships?
- How do I get Veterans’ Administration education benefits?
- Where can I file a complaint?
Contact Us – Office of Financial Aid
Not finding what you need? We’re here to help. Contact the Financial Aid team and we’re happy to answer your questions.
503.699.6253 (real humans do answer the phone, M – F from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PDT)