Questions about Co-Enrollment and Consortium Agreements?

I am taking classes at Marylhurst University and another school. Can I get financial aid from both schools?

You can’t get federal financial aid at more than one school at a time. You need to decide at which school you want to receive aid and complete a consortium agreement at that school. If the financial aid you receive at one school is more than what you need to pay tuition and fees there, you can use the excess funds to help pay your charges at the second school. You must be enrolled at least half-time at the home school to be eligible to complete a consortium agreement.

What is the difference between being “co-enrolled” and completing a “consortium agreement?”

If you are co-enrolled, you don’t have to pay an admission fee when you apply for two schools that have a co-enrollment agreement. Our Admissions Office can provide you with more information about schools Marylhurst has co-enrollment agreements with. Co-enrollment means you are considered an active student at both institutions and can register for classes at both. It does NOT affect your financial aid eligibility in any way. The only way to “add your classes together” to possibly increase your aid eligibility is to complete a consortium agreement form. To be eligible for a consortium agreement, you must be enrolled at least half-time at your home school.

How do I complete a consortium agreement form?

You can pick up the consortium agreement form in the financial aid office at Marylhurst or download the form. You must complete the form and obtain the required signatures. The form must be signed by a representative of our Office of Financial Aid as well as by your academic adviser to ensure the classes being taken at the other school (the host school) will transfer to Marylhurst University (your home school). A representative of the host school Financial Aid Office also will need to sign the form and return it to the Marylhurst Financial Aid Office. A copy of your course registration must be attached to the form. At the end of the term, you must submit grades from the host school to the Marylhurst Financial Aid Office as well as to our Registrar’s Office to ensure the classes have been transferred.

Contact Us – Office of Financial Aid

Not finding what you need? We’re here to help. Contact the Financial Aid team and we’re happy to answer your questions.

Contact Information
503.699.6253 (real humans do answer the phone, M – F from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PDT)