Work Study – Type of Aid

Federal Work Study – Type of Financial Aid

The Federal Work-Study Program provides wages for part-time jobs on campus. Federal work-study support is available to undergraduate and graduate students who are admitted to an eligible degree program and enrolled, at least, half-time. Need-based eligibility is determined by analyzing your FAFSA and also subject to you obtaining a position on campus..

How Do I Know if I Qualify for Work Study?

  • Eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office by submitting a financial aid
    application. Students are required to reapply each academic year, even if you currently
    hold a Work Study position.
  • Eligibility for Federal Work-Study is listed on your award letter. If you are unsure, contact Financial Aid.

How Do I Find a Work Study Job?

Once eligibility is determined, work-study open positions are listed under Marylhurst’s Human Resources (Job Openings). Outside-of-Marylhurst jobs do not qualify for work study.

Once you are hired into a position, you will be paid an hourly wage and the amount you earn is based on your hiring wage and actual hours worked as reported on a monthly timesheet.

Download the Work Study Guide

Contact Us – Office of Financial Aid

Not finding what you need? We’re here to help. Contact the Financial Aid team and we’re happy to answer your questions.

Contact Information
503.699.6253 (real humans do answer the phone, M – F from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PDT)

Request More Information

Or, Explore Additional Information about Tuition & Financial Aid